Date: March 20, 2021
Welcome to Blushportugal website
If you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, you can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.blushportugal.com:
- We process the personal data required to complete and despatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to receive Blushportugal News.
- If you register for a Blushportugal account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your favourite designers and your marketing preferences.
- When you contact our Customer Care team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www.blushportugal.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
- If you are a customer of www.blush.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else's data - for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift - we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend.
- If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfil the gift request and our contractual obligations.
- When you call our Customer Care team, your call will be recorded for training and fraud prevention purposes.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you purchase a product from www.blush.com we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you including taking payment, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of the return.
- When you visit www.blushportugal.com, we will collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the website, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bag.
- When you visit www.blushportugal.com, we will use some data about your use of the website to help us improve the website and our promotion of the website. This will include data about how you came to the website; the date and time of your visit; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We also collect data about your use of www.blushportugal.com by using cookies.
- When you register on www.blushportugal.com, we will collect the data necessary to ensure that we can recognise you on return visits and provide you with the services registration offers. If you would prefer not to continue receiving these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team.
- When you sign up for our marketing communications, we will ask you for your email address. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our Customer Care team.
- If you have purchased from www.blush.com, we will use the personal data we hold about you, including your purchase history, to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This contact will normally be via email, but in certain circumstances we may contact you via other methods e.g. we may call you if an item we know you have been eager to purchase comes back into stock. If you would prefer not to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe from emails at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or update your contact preferences on www.blush.com or by contacting our Customer Care team.
- We analyze contact data, purchase history, web browsing data and lifestyle data to tailor our marketing communications, web site presentation and internet advertising to meet your preferences. For example, if you have been browsing or have previously purchased a particular shoe designer, we may send you an email to tell you that these are now on sale or display similar products to you as part of our internet advertising.
- When you contact our Customer Care team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help or information.
Sharing of Information Collected with Third Parties
We reserve the right to rent or sell the information we collect from you to third parties.
We also share your information with certain third parties in other circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm and/or ensuring the security of our network and services.
We will share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you. We will share your credit/debit card data only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.
We will also share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of providing you with newsletters or other communications.
We will provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify, advertising networks and others. The placement of social media widgets, or advertising units on the Website can permit these third parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. We transfer your information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
We reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary to comply with applicable law.
You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you (and we will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity).
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please email or write to us using the contact details in this policy.
If we do hold data about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be shared with;
- tell you how long we will keep the data;
- if the data was not provided by you, we will give you any available information such as the source of the data;
- tell you if the data has been used for automated decision making;
- tell you if the data is stored outside of the European Economic Area, and if so what safeguards are in place to protect your personal data;
- let you have a concise and clear copy of the data.
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you and to stop us using your data until it has been corrected. We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date and we will be happy to correct or remove data you think is inaccurate.
If you have given us your consent to use your personal data for marketing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by calling our Customer Care team, clicking "unsubscribe" on a marketing email or replying STOP to a text message. Alternatively, you can sign into your account on www.net-a-porter.com and update your requirements in our Email Preference Centre. You may receive a small number of further communications immediately after unsubscribing but we will implement your request as quickly as possible.
You have the right at any time to oppose our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest. You will need to explain the reasons behind your request and allow us to consider your request and respond.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. After receiving and reviewing your request, if legitimate it will be our responsibility to promptly cease processing and to delete your personal data.
You have the right to receive a copy of your data that we process based on your consent or on the basis of a contract with you in a standard format. If you wish, where technically possible, we can transfer your data directly to a third party indicated by you.
To exercise any of these rights, you can sign in to your account, contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com.
To ensure that the data of our users are not subject to breaches or illegitimate use by third parties, we will ask you to confirm your identity before carrying out your request.
Where and how to ask questions or contact us about this policy